IronMan Barcelona 2019
Date : 6th Oct. 2019
It was a great race, the biggest in the world with 3,800 Athletes participating. Amazing atmosphere and very much organized.
The Course: - Swim : in the Mediterranean-Sea of Calella (3.8Km)
- Bike : Very Fast Course with small hills (2x lopps) to make total of (180Km)
- Run : Nice Run in on sea-side 3xLoops to make a total of (42.2Km)
It's Calella (CaleYa) as Spanish people call it. Very nice, relaxing and amazing long beach. You can leave directly from Barcelona Airport to Calella or Girona Airport. However, from Taxi of Downtown Barcelona to Calella will cost around EUR 90.
We recommend the below two hotels where our Team stayed there;
Hotel Oasis Park Splash, C/ Montnegre, 54 - 64, 08370 Calella, Barcelona, Spain:
Very near to EXPO CITY and is very good Hotels in terms of PRICE and FOOD. They have excellent pool for kids to enjoy. You can take the full combo; where you can have nice 3x meals. The disadvantage here is that it's 30min walk to Transition Area.
Hotel Volga, Carrer de Jovara, 350, 08370 Calella, Barcelona, Spain:
Very good Hotel and is 10min. walk to Transition Area, where you can easily cheack in and check out your bike. Very good breakfast and a nice Pool for relaxing. Is not suitable for kids as no any Pool for them.
1. LA TASCA.it, Carrer d'Amadeu, Calella, Spain: very nice Italian restaurant, excellent for PASTA and good Italian Authentic sweets.
2. Domèstic - Restaurant Marisqueria, Passeig d'Europa, Pineda de Mar, Spain: Excellent for sea food and nice atmosphere also.
3. Nui Beach Calella, Calella, Spain: exactly on the beach and you can have wonderful lunch dinner. But, for dinner they do close early (20:30)
feel free to ask us;